Students! We are looking forward to work with you on the open topics listed below. You may also contact us if you think that you have identified an interesting challenge that may fit the research profile of our chair.
In either case, please
send e-mail to
(German is fine). Make sure to include the following information:
- Which of our chair’s courses did you attend?
- Beyond database systems, which courses/seminars have particularly raised your interest?
- Are you a hands-on hacker type or do you prefer working with pencil and paper?
- Which programming languages are part of your toolbox? Which of these do you master?
- Did you work with functional programming languages (beyond the bits of Scheme taught in the introductory CS courses)?
- Any projects you have worked on in the recent past?
- What would be a suitable date to start the work on your thesis? What are your other commitments (e.g., courses, exams, day job) in the thesis time frame?
Daniel Täsch (M.Sc.)
Madeleine Mauz (M.Sc.)
Using Hashtables in Functional-Style UDF Compiled CTEs
Felix Kofink (B.Sc.)
Constructing static websites based on AirTable databases
Tobias Burghardt (M.Sc.)
Fabian Bauer (M.Sc.)
Projektorientierter Informatikunterricht zum Thema “Relationale Datenbanksysteme”
Tim Fischer (B.Sc.)
Martin Gabrich (M.Sc.)
Building a Turn Based Strategy Game with Database Backend
Jonas König (B.Sc.)
Moritz Bruder (M.Sc.)
Lena Weinmann (B.Sc.)
Jonas Lingg (B.Sc.)
Marco Häberle (B.Sc.)
Hien Hung Nguyen (B.Sc.)
Peformance Optimizations for the PostgreSQL JIT Compiler
Jonas Weissensel (M.Sc.)
Ship route simulation based on location and weather data
Nadejda Ismailova (B.Sc.)
Tobias Fabritz (B.Sc.)
Evaluation of decimal arithmetic for predicate evaluation in LLVM
Janek Bettinger (B.Sc.)
Steffen Brennscheidt (B.Sc.)
Implementation of a DSH code generator for MonetDB5 MAL
Alexander Schiller (B.Sc.)
Simon Kalt (B.Sc.)
Development of a webservice frontend to support Performance-Simulation
GHC extensions for overloading list notation and rebinding of SQL-like monad comprehension notation
Performance analysis on database queries on IBM System Z, P & X
Worked on by Jessica Abele (BSc Bioinformatik) @ GE Healthcare, Munich
Representing Hierarchichal Structures in NoSQL Databases
Star Wars Database
Use variant of XPath Accelerator to index nested PDF data