Dr. Alexander Ulrich was a member of the group from 2011 to 2016. He is now with Oracle Labs, Zürich.
As a member of the Database Systems Research Group, I worked on supporting expressive, compositional and nested query languages efficiently on relational query engines. To this end, I developed a query compilation approach based on Blelloch’s flattening transformation. In terms of software, the main outcome of my work is Database-Supported Heskell (joint work with George Giorgidze and Jeroen Weijers), a DSL for database queries embedded in Haskell. As of April 2017 I have joined Oracle Labs in Zürich. I’m on Github and LinkedIn.
- Since 04/17 Senior Member of Technical Staff, Oracle Labs, Zürich.
- 04/19 PhD in Computer Science, U Tübingen
- 06/11-12/16 Research Assistant, Database Systems Group, U Tübingen.
- 08/15-10/15 Summer internship at Oracle Labs.
- 05/11 Diploma (Diplom-Informatiker, equiv. to M.Sc.) in Computer Science (minor subject: Medicine), UTübingen
- 10/04-05/11: Student of Computer Science, U Tübingen